What is Juniors?|
Nippers is Surf Life Saving for children aged between 5 and 13 years. Children from Under 11s up may join in competitions representing Dalyellup SLSC. They can compete in Local Area through to Junior State Championship Carnivals at the end of the season. Every child is eligible to compete at every carnival, the emphasis is on having a go and doing your best. While competition is an important element, surf awareness and education is the primary aim. Children are taught how to respect and read the surf, and to use it to their advantage.
Objectives of Dalyellup Juniors
The objectives of Dalyellup Juniors are to ensure all children who are registered with the Club are provided with:
* A friendly, happy and safe environment for the children who are encouraged to perform to their capacity without undue pressure.
* Opportunity to meet new people
* Opportunity to develop team work skills/behaviours
* The best possible opportunity to learn and understand the surf and the beach.
* An atmosphere which encourages and fosters the transition of children into the senior surf life saving movement.
* The best possible facilities to enjoy their activities.
* The best possible opportunity to participate in Club activities.
* The best possible opportunity for competition.
Sunday Sausage Sizzle
A BBQ is run every Sunday morning from about 10:00am until midday. All parents will be required to assist on a rostered basis. Even if it is not your rostered week and you see that the BBQ workers need a hand, please offer your assistance if you can.
Sunday set up and pack up
Every week before we can commence, equipment must be collected from the sea containers and taken down to the beach, with boards taken from the boat shed and assembled on the beach. Likewise, at the conclusion, it must all be packed away; this is the responsibility of each group and all Juniors.
The aim is that on Sundays everyone has a chance to use the appropriate boards for their age group and there is adequate water space available. There may be some weeks where boards aren’t used as Juniors may be doing other activities.
Board use. A few things to know:
* Boards are strictly only for Dalyellup SLSC Club members.
* Never drag, drop or sit on boards.
* Boards should be placed on the beach with the fin up.
* Boards must never make contact with a hard surface such as concrete
* Boards are always to be washed before being put away.
* When boards get used they may get damaged. If a board is damaged let your Age Group Manager or the Club office know (that way we can fix it ready for the following week).
Members who commit to training and competing have an opportunity to have a board contracted to them for the season. Conditions apply. Cost is a bond of $50 for the board, which is refunded at the end of the season when returned in good condition.